PARAMEDIC / SECURITY OFFICER
Jupiter and Delray Locations
Starting at $22.50 Hr.
APPLY NOW AT www.cambridgesecuritycareers.com
As Paramedic / Security Officer for Cambridge Security Services, you will be a member of the most respected security firm in Florida. We secure some the most prestigious properties and schools in the worlds. You would be conducting foot or vehicle patrols, controlling access, securing equipment and people, responding to emergencies, monitoring advanced intrusion technology, performing surveillance and preventing criminal activity.
We take pride in employing many military veterans, as their skills sets, and knowledge easily transfer to the private security business.
The benchmark of American security has an immediate job opportunity for a Paramedic / Security Officer. As a Paramedic / Security Officer, you will conduct armed foot and/or vehicle patrol (interior and/or exterior), control access and egress, monitor CCTV and alarm systems, compose reports, deter criminal activity and misconduct and perform other duties as specified in post orders.
As a full time, employee of Cambridge Security, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical
- Paid vacation
- Industry leading training
- Work Perks employee discount program
- FREE UNIFORMS w/ no deposit taken
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- First response medical emergency cover, trauma or primary care.
- Medicine management for the controlled drug register, storage and accountability of medical equipment
- Generate and maintain accurate confidential patient reports.
- Exercising professional judgement and personal initiative to make informed decision in relation to patient care.
- Ensuring all medical equipment issued is serviceable and in date.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
- Aid customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a current armed security officer license issued by the State of Florida, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Pass a mental health assessment
- Must possess Paramedic and ALS Licenses
- Must posses 16 hour CEVO
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to work flexible schedules
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be able to successfully complete all training required for the position
- Must be able to operate radio or telephone equipment and / or console monitors
- Must have demonstrate ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.